My Writings. My Thoughts.

The theory of poker by David Sklansky - 'The Sklansky Slide'

On » Wednesday 7 October 2009 //

Every time I read this book I end up changing my poker strategy and go on a run of losing chips and getting knocked out of tournaments. I end up thinking, "mm, I've got 4,6s he's prob got 8-8. He's bet 17,000 chips (a big bet), but if I call that then I'm getting value as I could take his whole stack (170,000).Needless to say, I don't get the cards I need. I end up putting in too many calls and bets based on implied odds etc. I think I'm far better off playing super tight , aggressive before the flop and make the big hole cards pay.

Although, just to let you in to a little secret. I've identified that I'm not very strong playing after the flop so I'm going to make a conscious shift towards being more aggressive after the flop. I think this is a side of my game that's letting me down. I'm going to adopt a more 'devilfish' approach.

Anyway, let me know if you've experienced the 'Sklansky Slippery Slide' as I'm now calling it!

Adios,

No Response to "The theory of poker by David Sklansky - 'The Sklansky Slide'"

Leave A Reply

I love to hear your views!

My videos. Featured videos.